Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Early Friday Morning


Word of warning. I am quite tired as I write this so it may not make sense, especially to someone who knows a lot about meteorology. Above are two outputs from the NAM/WRF model for 12z Friday (7:00am). Sorry I was lazy and did not mention the other models. The top one shows 700 mb height, omega (lift), and moisture. I went ahead and highlighted what is going on over Mississippi. If this model verifies it looks like we will have a line of thunderstorms pass through central Mississippi early Friday morning.
The bottom one shows sea level pressure, 1000-to-500 mb thickness and 6 hour rainfall. (Please note, the 6 hour rainfall is what has already fallen not what is falling). With the low pressure centered well to our north and other factors I am too tired to think of right now, these storms will probably not be severe, although one or two strong storms can not be ruled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment